Friday, November 17, 2006

Just 20 days

Only 20 days till the end of exams, it's scary... I am finding myself in a horrible situation of being in a B- or even worse grade situation in 3 of my modules, which explains why I am planning a 10am to 10pm schedule everyday from today onwards. I want to relax next semester, so I better make sure I don't jeopardise my 2nd Upper.

I realise that studying on your own in school is the most productive, nobody for you to talk to, except your books. To think of it, this kind of life for 20 days ain't that bad, compared to 20 days in Brunei. Moreover, I have somebody to look up to for motivation, I must say she has changed the way I looked at her. She's even more pia then I am, so I don't wanna lose to her. Sounds kiddish? I think this is postive motivation

Bush was in town yesterday, and somehow for some weird reasons, I was invited as a student representative to go listen to his speech. So as usual, security concerns made us get ready at 3pm, while he was due to arrive at 6pm and he gave a 30min speech. My american classmate in Thai class asked me if I would wear a T-shirt to protest against the Iraq war, and I said I still wanna survive in Singapore. Some Singapore biggies came for the speech, like Ah Goh, Tony Tan, Tommy Koh, Teo Chee Hean blah blah. It was pretty interesting to sit just 10m away from Bush, he posed for pictures with some student representatives later, think those jokers are going to frame those pictures.

He probably needed some love, that's why he came to Singapore, at least he knows he wouldn't be seeing people protesting against his visits, or against him and his administration. He probably wouldn't get such a warm reception from the general population in Hanoi, and definitely in the USA.

Basically what he said was crap, nothing new, and a pack of lies. We care about the environment... then sign the fucking Kyoto Protocol! We should not tolerate WMD, so who has the largest pile of nukes? We would give aid to whoever is interested in freedom and prosperity... yeah who owes the largest amount of money to the international society? The rest of the world is financing your bloody twin deficits!

I wasn't really against Bush, but now by the fact that he can say such stuff right in front of our faces, I am a little swayed.... As one American student protester wrote "BUSH is a WAR CRIMINAL!", he sprayed white paint against his black umbrella and stood opposite the UCC where the speech was given...

Time to wriggle among the books again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home